Friday, May 14, 2010

homestretch

I got up at 6:30am to make Lee breakfast before his Biochem final (the last one! yay)
Yes, he woke me up.... but at least I told him to.

I've been watching Mad Men & it's set in the 60s & all the women are such syrupy sweet housewives... none of them are happy & their husbands are dirt bags & they all smoke like freight trains.... BUT it did make me think about how women actually did do every single thing at home & how Lee being consumed with medical school about 14-15 hrs a day makes me a 1960s housewife.
Dinner is ready for him when he gets home (as well as breakfast & lunch occasionally) I do the dishes, he always has clean laundry, I make the bed everyday, I even take the trash out. haha.... ugh it sound so depressing.  I don't mind it that much, especially since I don't have a real job, but even on days when I babysit and/or do some volunteer stuff I come home & am like.... are you serious I have to cook now? and in the real world Lee would be doing sooooo much more.  When we lived in West Virginia he did the dishes every single day and at least once a week he cooked.
I'm afraid those days are over, at least for the foreseeable future.
But I am so overwhelmingly proud of my husband for completing his first term of medical school and doing so well and still having time to love me and making sure I never feel neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment