Tuesday, January 26, 2010

new

I decided to create another blog... separate from my "Grenada" blog to talk about being a housewife... because today I realized that's what I am, and I am actually loving it.  I love to make my husband happy... and I don't feel less of an empowered woman because of it. I don't feel bound by my new role.... I feel privileged to have the opportunity to do so.  I've heard lots of people say how delicate the first year of marriage is, and thankfully our first 5 months has gone much much much better than I could have ever hoped for, but if there is something that I can do to further nurture this relationship, then that sounds good to me.

True, I still hate and despise doing dishes...I am doing them, and multiple times a day because we only have 4 plates, bowls, spoons etc... but this morning I woke up at 9 and Lee had already left for lab at 8, I realized that there weren't any clean bowls because we had used them all the night before and I didn't do dishes after dinner.... and so there wasn't a clean bowl for Lee to have cereal this morning. and I genuinely felt bad.  This poor boy has been working and studying 8am-11pm basically everyday since we got here, and he couldn't even have cereal this morning b/c there wasn't a clean bowl...
could he have washed a bowl out himself? well yes... but still, I really feel like it's my job right now to not add any additional stress to his life.  is a dirty bowl stress? YES. there are people in his classes crying about the workload... people have already dropped out... a friend of Lee's is paying me to go to the grocery for him because he doesn't have time to get his own food!
medical school is pure madness.
and if I can make it the tiniest bit easier on Lee by making sure he has a clean cereal bowl in the morning.... then that's what I'm going to do.
because I love him...
and lets face it. he'll pay me back someday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment