Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Addiction

In case you haven't noticed I have a very addictive personality. 
foods, candy, shows, people, places..... I change my addictions a lot, but I am easily hooked.  Another excellent reason for why I don't drink... and that I had an alcoholic Grandfather.
Everything else: My anti-drug.
example: smoothies. Before coming to Grenada I was not a smoothie drinker. milkshakes yes, smoothies no.  I was convinced by someone to try one and it was instantly obsessed. How had I been missing out on this amazingly refreshing drink my entire life??
other examples over the past few years: cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera, crispy chicken sandwiches from Wendys, Heroes, Prison Break, Project Runway, Sour Gummy Worms, Facebook, blogging, bathing suits, dresses, our wedding, making christmas ornaments, making necklaces, goodwill, running....
life long addictions include but are not limited to: sweet tea, magazines (and I can't throw them away... so I have thousands at my parents house), pizza, shoes, and Lee.

My entire family suffers from addictions, thankfully none are too self destructive at this point - except my Dad is/was addicted to Pepsi and chocolate, so severely he got diabetes.  We're talking constant pop drinking and numerous candy bars a day.... seriously, and this happened after he quit smoking. sugar filled the void.  He is also fully absorbed in fantasy football, Ebay, and downloading off the wall music.  hours upon hours are spent in front of the computer dealing with his ebay business, football research, and music....their computer's memory is completly full and he probably has a 1000 burnt CDs laying around. he's retired so I guess it's ok. In the spring he gets obsessed with the yard... planting flowers and a garden that never quite turns out as planned.  He used to be completely obsessed with his chickens, but I think they've taken the back row now.  My Dad is pretty funny actually.... everyone is always saying he's so 'interesting'.  and he really is, and at almost 23years old I still believe that my father knows everything. except when to stop eating candy.
My mom... changes, but she is definitely hooked on Coke-a-Cola and buying useless items (I should talk.)
My brother is addicted to mainly politics and sports. My mom calls him a radical conservative.
My oldest sister is addicted to Starbucks, Sonic happy hour, and living a 'green' lifestyle -which is good.
My other sister has several too... buying clothes for her daughters, pizza, trying to find ways to change her hair, re-organizing rooms or taking on huge projects at midnight, house shopping/moving -she's been married 9 years and has lived in about 7 different places, buying the majority of these houses.
My oldest brother loves to fish, he fishes a lot... and he likes to be in charge.

My Uncles all have odd little addictions too -vitamins, antiques, hunting, genealogy...

We are definitely a family who take hobbies and interests to an extreme.

Which brings me to my latest..... online window shopping.  We have no money, so I can't shop, but I love to look and 'snip' things I like and re look at them over and over and over............ it would be a problem, except I have nothing else for this to interfere with. So I thought I'd share a few things that I wish were in my closet right now....




and I want these dishes more than anything.... can you believe they're from Target!? :(




3 comments:

  1. Oh Kels, you've summed us up so perfectly.... is that good or bad? You forgot Disneyland, scrapbooking, and photography for me...:) I had not had Starbucks today until you mentioned it.. now I feel like loading the kids up and heading out. Shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mom and I looked at all the Liberty of London stuff at Target, you'd love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhoh... have I got a link for you! www.polyvore.com Good luck! This may be your new obsession to accompany your window shopping addiction.

    ReplyDelete