Thursday, April 1, 2010

bad housewife ?

I feel like I've been a bad housewife lately...
I was sick for a good week straight & didn't do much...  & I just get so busy doing other things & come home and am so exhausted I don't want to cook or do dishes!
I even have a maid that does the cleaning! and we are banned from doing laundry monday-friday because of the drought so I don't even have to do that until Saturday!
but I still dread the thought of dishes!!!!!!!!!!
yesterday was unusually bad........
we went on a trip with the SOs about an hour away, and spent the entire day in the sun and heat & then on the way back our bus over heated and we had to stop and it was hot and riding a bus over mountains is no fun so I didn't feel great and I came home and realized that we had NO clean plates and our only skillet was dirty. no clean dishes=no dinner.
It's not that big of a deal for us to have no clean plates because we only own 6.
so I was whining to Lee about the dishes (I'm ok to admit that I whine sometimes) and he said "it's ok, you've had a rough day, go get chinese food from the bus stop"
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I have the best husband.
and even better... later that night HE did the dishes :)
he loves me too much.

I'm usually not that bad, I typically do the dishes twice a day because we have so few they all get dirty quickly, but yesterday, I was through with dishes. and got a delicious dinner out of it.

Today I cooked beef and noodles for dinner, a first since being in Grenada.  I found beef tips pretty cheap at the store so I thought I'd give them a go... I left them on low cooking while I went to the grocery today and when the housekeeper came she turned it off so they didn't cook quite as much as I would have liked, but still turned out good.  I had planned on making mashed potatoes too, but once again, the only pot I own had the beef and noodles cooking in it. ugh.
and later after dinner I made us peanut butter milkshakes with our new blender :)


In other news, I paid the deposit for our apartment today!! yay for a place with an oven and pots and pans!

No comments:

Post a Comment