Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cajun Chicken Alfredo

Today I found Cajun seasoning at the grocery store so I was excited to use it.  Lee and I really like spicy pasta dishes.... especially  Cheesecake Factory's Chipotle Chicken Pasta and Red Lobster's Cajun Chicken Linguine... sooooooooooooo good!
If you have never had either one then you are missing out on two incredible meals. haha.
Cheesecake Factory is over the top good because they use honey glazed chicken, asparagus, red and yellow peppers, frozen peas, and onions.... and topped with little crunchy tortilla chip slivers. 

This is a picture of me eating it the day after our wedding, in Columbus, OH on our way to the airport. See how happy I am? and it's not all because I was a newlywed :)

anyway.... it's good.
I didn't quite match up to that tonight, but I came close.
I made a really good creamy, cheesy alfredo sauce using butter, milk, garlic, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and I used the local "cheddar" cheese that I get at the grocery store... which is 0 like cheddar, but not like mozzarella, but it turned out really really good!  I don't really measure... I just added more cream cheese or milk as needed.
I sauteed onions and red, yellow, and green bell peppers and then added it to the sauce while I cooked chicken and the noodles.
It's difficult to make a meal with only 2 burners, 1 pot, 1 skillet, and NO oven! I had to wash my pan out twice during this process!
and to top it off I found the most incredible breadsticks today at Foodfair for only $3EC for like 8 breadsticks! I froze the rest to use another day...
and as I mentioned we have no oven... I creatively put the breadsticks over top the pot of noodles to let the steam melt the butter and warm them!

did I mention that they were GIANT breadsticks? We were stuffed!

1 comment: