Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Homemade Potato Chips!

my friend Amber said that she made potato chips (they are hard to come by in Grenada...)
so I wanted to try, and they turned out amazing!!!

1. I cut the slices really really super thin.... you could almost see through some of them.
2. I put the slices into a bowl of ice water for about 30min (like I do french fries, it's supposed to make them crispier)
3. I layed them out on a towel to absorb the water off of them (all of these chips came from 1 potato!)

4. I cooked them in a hot frying pan of grease on medium heat (I used enough oil to cover the chips)
5. I flipped them over once they started to brown.. it only took about a minute or so
6. I put them on a paper towel to absorb the grease & salted them immediately!

7. Lee and I ate the entire plate like a couple pigs

1 comment: