Saturday, September 18, 2010

Banana Bread!

This recipe for banana  bread tastes just like Bob Evans!!
& this website is so cool - you can adjust the servings and it automatically changes the measurements for you! and it does US or Metric measurements
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/banana-banana-bread/Detail.aspx


I have to admit that I didn't use real bananas in this bread, I used 'rock figs' which look just like bananas only a little smaller and taste almost exactly like a banana. I think.... I'm starting to forget what a banana tastes like at home.  I don't think they are as good as they are here though.

 Here is a comparison picture of bananas and figs.  They are common in the West Indies.
I found this picture on this website -http://homepage.mac.com/karlek/.Public/SVG/SVG620.HTM it explains a lot of Caribbean foods!

ps.  my silicone bread pan was the greatest idea of all time... nothing ever sticks and it smashed up nicely in my suitcase for the trip down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment