Friday morning I had a little breakfast party.
3 of my friends came over for breakfast and then we went downtown St. George's to explore and take pictures.
I made french toast casserole & it turned out great! and everyone seemed to like it :) so here is how I did it.
I'm not really that great for following recipes I usually change things or don't measure or something... but I'll try to do my best!
ingredients:
1 loaf of bread (texas toast would have been great, but that wasn't an option)
5 eggs
milk -I'd guess about a cup? or a little more
vanilla -just a splash
sugar - about 1/4 cup
cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
-cut the slices of bread into 4ths and layer in a pan. I think I did about 3 layers deep.
-mix eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl & then pour over bread making sure to coat each slice and layer.
-cover and refrigerate over night
the next morning:
-bake casserole at 400degrees for about 10 minutes
-while it's baking mix butter and brown sugar in a skillet until it makes a syrup
-then remove casserole from oven & pour over top, and bake for another 10 minutes (or until the bread isn't too soggy anymore)
I like to serve mine with powdered sugar and syrup.
I also thought bananas mixed in the butter and brown sugar concoction would have been really good, like bananas foster! but there were no bananas to be found on the island that day....
Can't wait to try this recipe!!!
ReplyDelete